TreeStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the fuack is going on?

+4
MonksHood
Emmysawrr
Jason
Curiosity
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What the fuack is going on? Empty What the fuack is going on? Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:31 am

Curiosity

Admin

Let me start off by first saying - Running a server is stressful and time consuming.

Me and Erik wanted to get into this because we share a common interest - game development. IMO, MapleStory was an O.K. start.

What's happened with Tree is I've lost interest almost completely and I won't speak on behalf of Erik. Erik has his own story, this is about ME, not the owners in general.

Now, recently, it seems someone is suspicious that the VPS has been hacked and the PW changed - this is not true however.

This was in our email.

Dear BurstNET Customer,

It has come to our attention that a SolusVM service under your management has been utilizing unacceptable levels of resources. This overutilization has been affecting other BurstNET clientele, who share the same node.

The reason your service is causing a heavy load is due to either the sheer volume of processes or resource-intensive types of usage. Often, this is due processes that have heavy I/O usage (such as excessive web or email processes), which typically cause heavy load on the node.

As a result of this problem, the vserver has been disabled. At this time, we will need you to respond to this message to discuss your available options, including a possible upgrade to a service that will better accommodate your needs.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
BurstNET Customer Service Department

Yeah, somehow we used up all of the computer's memory. I dunno how, but we managed to. So just to clear things up, no one has hacked TreeStory.

Now, just because tree might be going down doesn't mean the end of our community. I'll let you in on something - Erik and I want to start our own MMORPG using the Eclipse engine. If we ever get it really going, you'll all be invited. I will remain active on the forums and xat, but no word on which way Tree is going right now.

I'm sorry to let you all down, but shit happens as Alex would say.

https://treestory.canadian-forum.com

2What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 am

Jason

Jason
Seed

I hope tree comes back D:

3What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 am

Emmysawrr

Emmysawrr
Game Master
Game Master

I liek the ending ~ <3

4What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:39 pm

MonksHood

MonksHood
Seed

as well i am joining maple park a new ps that will hopefully become a second tree story

5What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Pixel

Pixel
Web Master

Never got to retrieve my website files
Crying

6What the fuack is going on? Empty The New Tree Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

NinjaJaceXD

NinjaJaceXD
Tree

A new tree has been planted: Vince, Barry, Drew, and I will be starting a new private server, but we will need some help from the old staff.

Eve-Has already agreed to help coding if I have some trouble
Erik-Barry is going to be WZ editing, and he has no idea how to do that. Can you help him?
Kedar-I'm the forum admin, and I suck with changing all the stuff. Mind helping me?
Jerry?-Drew might need some help advertising the server.

Our server will be called FrozenStory. Not exactly a new tree, but who said that it couldn't be evergreen?

Currently, the forums have been partially set up at frozenstory.forumotion.com. (I kinda borrowed some ideas from this website, hope you guys don't mind)

Please add me on skype: NinjaJaceXD

7What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Pixel

Pixel
Web Master

NinjaJaceXD wrote:A new tree has been planted: Vince, Barry, Drew, and I will be starting a new private server, but we will need some help from the old staff.

Erik-Barry is going to be WZ editing, and he has no idea how to do that. Can you help him?
Kedar-I'm the forum admin, and I suck with changing all the stuff. Mind helping me?

Our server will be called FrozenStory. Not exactly a new tree, but who said that it couldn't be evergreen?

Currently, the forums have been partially set up at frozenstory.forumotion.com. (I kinda borrowed some ideas from this website, hope you guys don't mind)

Add me on msn if you guys ever need a website, I'll make a quick one for you guys Pirate
Just ask ev or erik for it, not gonna post it on forums :P

8What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:35 pm

NinjaJaceXD

NinjaJaceXD
Tree

Lol I think Rex is making the website. I'm using the same Forum site as this. Barry needs some help with the posting, and I don't freaking know how to change the post alert crap

9What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

MonksHood

MonksHood
Seed

NinjaJaceXD wrote:A new tree has been planted: Vince, Barry, Drew, and I will be starting a new private server, but we will need some help from the old staff.

Talk to maplepark and merge thats where im staying All my work is going to them to use

10What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Feather

Feather
Tree

I can help advertise, I have some forum creation experience too but not that much :P

Why would they merge with MaplePark? They asked for help not to merge.

BTW, do you four have the financial resources to support said server? Just curious.

http://isitchristmas.com

11What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:31 pm

NinjaJaceXD

NinjaJaceXD
Tree

Feather wrote:

I can help advertise, I have some forum creation experience too but not that much :P

Why would they merge with MaplePark? They asked for help not to merge.

BTW, do you four have the financial resources to support said server? Just curious.

Vince spends most of his time playing LoL tournaments for money, so yes.

12What the fuack is going on? Empty Re: What the fuack is going on? Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Popter

Popter
Sprout

Curiosity wrote:I'm sorry to let you all down, but shit happens as Alex would say.

Okay so I have to say for some time I didnt really think you were that nice to me but LOL I LOVE you, You know why?! Cause you GET IT! :D "Shit happens" Its so extremely true that you cant argue that it doesnt happen. YOU SIR have finished off my MS life with a happy thought instead of a pissed off, sad, depressed feeling :p

I will most likely never speak to any of you again but have fun with anything else you boys and girls will do :).

Unless you have a PS3 then by all means add me. PSN : popter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum